Comfort, lightness & efficiency
The LA 100 helmet has been created according to the specific demand of jet aircraft pilots. It is equipped with modular built-in communication and is designed to receive all types of breathing apparatus. Its dual visor capabilities ensure pilots maximum visual protection and comfort.
The LA 100 helmet is equipped with:
- A aramid and carbon fiber shell with a shock-absorbing interior and an adjustable comfort interior trim
- A patented retention system
- Two hearing cavities with ear-phone
- Two rack supports to allow the use of an oxygen mask
- An external protective screen with automatic locking
- An internal tinted solar screen (possibility of a anti-laser treatment)
- Sizes from 52 to 63 cm
- Weight under 1 kg for all models of helmets before configuration
According to standard MIL-V-43511B and EN1836:1997
PM Helmet (Small Size)
GM Helmet (Large Size)
7 ¾ - 7 ?
7 ? - 7 ¾
- Protection against impact - According to MIL-DTL-87174/A
- Maxi Windblast - Protection against the effects of dynamic wind during ejection according to 625 KEAS front resistance and 425 KEAS "twist resistance"
- Protection against perforation of the shell and outer visor - According to MIL-DTL-87174/A and EN966:1996
- Retention System Resistance - According to MIL-DTL-87174/A and EN966:1996
- Audio Protection - Passive attenuation of LA 100 Helmet - ANSI S312.42 1995 (MIRE method)
- Heat and Fire Protection - Flame retardant outside coating
- Field of Vision - The intelligent design of the helmet shell ensures that user’s vision is not impeded in any way.
- The standard comms configuration covers the following impedance ranges (average values):
Features & Benefits
Protection against impacts and perforation is ensured by a shell in carbon fibers and aramid, and by an expanded polystyrene inner padding with high density.
Retention system is developed for optimal security and fit.
High degree of passive noise protection.
Winblast resistance 625 knots (European version) and 425 knots sideways,
Excellent field of vision
Solar screens or for low visibility, anti-shock and treated anti-scratch
Exceptional head range of mobility
Easy maintenance thanks to a customized kit of pads which can be entirely disassembled.
Center of gravity assured natural stability.
Ergonomics & Comfort
A preliminary helmet adjustment to the user's head form is possible. Adjustment of the locking system can be done by the user without any special tools.
To establish the correct size helmet shell for your individual head form, please follow the procedure listed below, complete the sizing details and return to Flight Helmets Australia for confirmation.
This helmet is designed to have an oxygen mask fitted.
Standard COMM and ANR COMM options are available.
Comms installation to the helmet consists of earphones/speakers only.
Nil microphone or mic boom fitted.
Oxygen mask communications interface fitted.
Vintage Jet Aircraft